Friday, May 4, 2012

The Greatest Invention of All

There was a time in my life when I thought Little Debbie Nutty Butty bars were the greatest invention of all time. Chocolate and peanut butter combined into the ultimate road trip food. What could be better than that?

Today, I may have to bump young Miss Debbie to second place and nominate the stretchy material that is appearing more and more often in the pants I choose to buy. My pants look like jeans. They feel like jeans. But they secretly are empowered with a magic stretchy material that allows me to wear a size smaller and still breathe. Genius!

Today I am wearing a particularly flattering pair of grey cropped pants which are … YES! … a size smaller than the ones hanging in my closet from last year. I want to grab an empty soup can and a string and shout “They fit!” I have received several compliments, not to brag, on these pants. And, privately, every time I stand up or sit down I am praising the creative genius who thought of adding the stretchy magic material so that my comfort is assured.

But have no fear Little Debbie. I may have cut back on your decadent offerings of chocolate and peanut butter so that I might one day soon buy a pair of jeans which lack the magic stretchy material. But, know this … I look forward to the day when I am behind the wheel, driving to an anticipated destination and I reach for one of your snacks and think “I really should have put these in the cooler.”

No comments:

Post a Comment